Debate whether technology can replace teachers in secondary STEM classrooms.
1. Adams, K. I., & Petty, P. (n.d). Preparing teachers for the challenge of teaching and learning with technology: standards, strategies, and statistics. Pearsonschool. http://assets.pearsonschool.com/asset_mgr/legacy/200727/2003_06Adams_401_1.pdf
2. Cox, M., Preston, C., & Cox, K. (1999, September 2-5). What factors support or prevent teachers from using ICT in their classrooms? [Paper presentation]. British Educational Research Association Annual Conference, University of Sussex at Brighton. https://web.archive.org/web/20201127012826/http://www.leeds.ac.uk/educol/documents/00001304.htm
3. Science, technology, engineering, & math. (2008, September). SETDA. http://www.setda.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Science-Technology-Engineering-and-Mathematics-STEM-Report.pdf
4. Technology vs Teachers: Can technology replace teachers? (n.d.). fedena. https://fedena.com/blog/2018/05/teachers-vs-technology-can-technology-replace-teachers.html
5. UNESCO. (2002). Information and communication technologies in teacher education. http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0012/001295/129533e.pdf
6. Wu, Y.-T., & Anderson, O. R. (2015). Technology-enhanced stem (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education. Journal of Computers in Education, 2(3), 245–249. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40692-015-0041-2
7. Microsoft (2018) What is STEM? CS? Retrieved from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/digital-skills/stem-cs
1. TEDxTalks. (2016, June 16). Should technology replace teachers? |William Zhou| TedxkitchenerEd [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/LIR60cgfOFU
The video is from a Ted conference by one of the speaker William Zhou, an educational technology entrepreneur who is a co-founder and CEO for Chalk.com. He shares his view points on the importance of having a physical teacher in a classroom and that technology will not replace teachers, but only enhance the teaching-learning experience in a classroom.
2. UCDavisEngineering. (2014, November 25). Sanjoy Mahajan: Principle-based use of digital technology to improve STEM learning [Video]. https://youtu.be/Ze4VM7h012M YouTube. (1:01:38)
3. Tedx Talks. (2019, December 12). I’m not talking about robot teachers | Wayne Holmes | TedxOpenUniversity [Video]. https://youtu.be/PpvBbNsNqN4