Read ‘Preparing Teachers for the Challenge of Teaching and Learning with Technology’ (Adams & Petty, 2003); and ‘Information and Communication Technology in Teacher Education’ (UNESCO, 2002, pp. 72–114). Using your thoughts about teacher preparation, write a reflection. Include methods you may use to integrate technology into your classroom. If you are currently not teaching, include methods you would use to integrate technology. What are some of the challenges and how would you overcome them? please make your reflection personal and practical by including real class examples.
This assignment will be assessed using the Portfolio Activity rubric. https://my.uopeople.edu/pluginfile.php/1548129/mod_assign/intro/5282PA-rubric.pdf
1. Adams, K. I., & Petty, P. (n.d). Preparing teachers for the challenge of teaching and learning with technology: standards, strategies, and statistics. Pearsonschool. http://assets.pearsonschool.com/asset_mgr/legacy/200727/2003_06Adams_401_1.pdf
2. Cox, M., Preston, C., & Cox, K. (1999, September 2-5). What factors support or prevent teachers from using ICT in their classrooms? [Paper presentation]. British Educational Research Association Annual Conference, University of Sussex at Brighton. https://web.archive.org/web/20201127012826/http://www.leeds.ac.uk/educol/documents/00001304.htm
3. Science, technology, engineering, & math. (2008, September). SETDA. http://www.setda.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Science-Technology-Engineering-and-Mathematics-STEM-Report.pdf
4. Technology vs Teachers: Can technology replace teachers? (n.d.). fedena. https://fedena.com/blog/2018/05/teachers-vs-technology-can-technology-replace-teachers.html
5. UNESCO. (2002). Information and communication technologies in teacher education. http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0012/001295/129533e.pdf
6. Wu, Y.-T., & Anderson, O. R. (2015). Technology-enhanced stem (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education. Journal of Computers in Education, 2(3), 245–249. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40692-015-0041-2
7. Microsoft (2018) What is STEM? CS? Retrieved from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/digital-skills/stem-cs
1. TEDxTalks. (2016, June 16). Should technology replace teachers? |William Zhou| TedxkitchenerEd [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/LIR60cgfOFU
The video is from a Ted conference by one of the speaker William Zhou, an educational technology entrepreneur who is a co-founder and CEO for Chalk.com. He shares his view points on the importance of having a physical teacher in a classroom and that technology will not replace teachers, but only enhance the teaching-learning experience in a classroom.
2. UCDavisEngineering. (2014, November 25). Sanjoy Mahajan: Principle-based use of digital technology to improve STEM learning [Video]. https://youtu.be/Ze4VM7h012M YouTube. (1:01:38)
3. Tedx Talks. (2019, December 12). I’m not talking about robot teachers | Wayne Holmes | TedxOpenUniversity [Video]. https://youtu.be/PpvBbNsNqN4