You are required to prepare reformulated financial statements and calculate accounting ratios for Hilton Food Group plc.
• Identify a benchmark company for comparison.
• You are required to prepare the Reformulated Consolidated Balance Sheets and Reformulated Consolidated Income Statements for your chosen company (three most recent financial years) and its benchmark company (one most recent financial year) using the information shown in their respective annual reports.
• Adopt “Profit after taxation” in the Consolidated Income Statement for reformulation. You are not required to consider the “Other comprehensive income” in the Consolidated Statement of Comprehensive Income for reformulation.
• Where applicable, describe your bases and assumptions made during your reformulation process together with the relevant workings.
• To include the original version of Consolidated Balance Sheets and Consolidated Income Statements and their relevant Notes to the Consolidated Financial Statements for the most recent financial year of both companies to support your bases and assumptions of reformulation.
• Using the amounts from your reformulated financial statements, compute the accounting ratios for return on common equity (“ROCE”) in conducting the first-level and second-level analysis of profitability and solvency for your chosen company (three most recent financial years) and its benchmark company (one most recent financial year).
• You are required to show detailed workings with formulae for all the relevant accounting ratios.
• You are required to apply the Excel applications in the preparation of reformulated financial statements as well as in the computation of accounting ratios.
Marking criteria for this Task:
The assessment scheme is based on the accurate computation and presentation of results using the Excel applications. The allocations of marks (out of 100 marks) are as follows:
Reformulated Consolidated Balance Sheets 35
Reformulated Consolidated Income Statements 20
Accounting ratios relating to ROCE 35
Proper adoption of Excel applications 10
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE WORK IS BASED ON A REAL ANALYSIS AND RESEARCH. SOURCE YOUR WORK!