Subject: ITS-834: Emerging Threats & Countermeasures
Chapters 19 and 21 in the course textbook.
Textbook Title: (ISC)2 CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide ISBN: 9781119475958, Authors: Mike Chapple, James Michael Stewart, Darril Gibson, Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Publication Date: 2018-04-10
Word count: 300+ words
During this semester, we reviewed a number of areas in information security and the threats that companies face, we face, the numerous threats and ways we can help to minimize these attacks.
Getting closer to your dissertation, you will need to choose a topic in your dissertation class, so it is essential to start preparing. This week, let us take a look at some topics to consider, and by the end of the week, we could have several ideas for dissertation topics
Since you have already examined several research articles, another way would be to examine previous dissertations in these areas.
Locate an interesting topic on cybersecurity, policy, threats, behavior, etc.
Here are some pointers that will help critically evaluate some viable topics.
• Is the topic attainable for a first-time dissertation student?
• Is the problem rooted in the literature?
• Is the research empirical, i.e., is there a survey, is there an interview guide, has the data been analyzed via some statistical tool?
• Is there a theoretical model or framework discussed?
Discuss the topic, the problem the model has been used in the research, and any present findings.
Do not read the entire dissertation, as the abstract and chapter one introduction should give a clear understanding of the research.
– Make sure to back up your statements with scholarly support.·
– Please cite properly in APA 7·
– At least one scholarly source should be used. ·
– Use proper citations and references in your post.
– Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
Note: plagiarism check required, APA7 format, include References, within 8hrs