In Chapter 3 of your The New Art and Science of Teaching, I only want you to read and review the ELEMENTS and then the Strategies in each Table. Think about which ones you are already using or or could use for more diversity and as an effective way to allow students to ” think” about what they have learned.
No Chapter Format to turn in. You have learned how to read the chapters …now you will be expected to find the information for your research and our discussions. We will pick up on a Chapter Review for chapters 4-6 in combination for Module 4 .
Read the ASCD articles on promoting student thinking and learning . See links below and article copies in handouts in the module.
Your discussion will come directly from these articles AND you will share a strategies from Chapter 3.
1) Making Curriculum Matter to Students
2) What’s on the Curriculum Menu?
Discussion on Thinking About Curriculum – Small Group Discussion 1
Respond to the discussion :
1) Share what you learned from the articles and videos.
2) Share 2 strategies from Chapter 3 you recommend to make learning more effective
3) Be sure to refer to the Discussion Rubric and cite your resource support and respond to 2 others
If may be easier to create a list of each type of resource such as the article, then the websites, and then the video and make a list of points or write a narrative response under each category.