Emerging Threats to Student SafetyFebruary 26, 2022
2300 mod 5 dbFebruary 26, 2022
Powerpoint Slides: In this part of the Postlab assignment, you continue to build your final presentation for the semester-long Wolbachia project.
- Your final presentation for this course will include these slides that cover this information.
- Refer to the Powerpoint “Style Guide” to earn a better grade!
Slide 1: Create a slide that contains a table that presents the results from your DNA extraction from Exercise 5.
- Make a table on the slide using the tools within Powerpoint.
- Do NOT insert a screenshot of the respective table from your lab manual.
- Create an appropriate, descriptive title for the slide.
- Hint: “Results” doesn’t tell you much! Would you want a newspaper headline to read “Election Happened,” or do you want to know who won the election?
- Be sure to include the following information on the slide:
- Insect Specimen Identification (your initials)
- Insect Specimen Order Name (what you ID’d in Ex 3)
- Extracted DNA Concentration (with correct units)
- Extracted DNA A260/A280 ratio
- Don’t report as a fraction: divide to get a number. For example, if your A260 is 2.5 and your A280 is 1.25, then your A260/A280 = 2.0.
- Extracted DNA Quality
- Hint: Is your sample clean or not? How do you know? What else could be in abundance in your sample besides DNA?