Experimental, quasi-experimental, and non-experimental comparative designs regularly include multiple groups between which one must differentiate one or more variables. This assignment will provide you with the experience toward developing those skills. Using the data set provided, practice and demonstrate the skills of developing a problem statement, purpose statement, research question, and hypotheses. You will then conduct the appropriate statistical analysis to differentiate scores between the modality groups to determine if and to what extent there is a difference in English scores.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate and download the attached data set called School Data .sav.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA 7thstyle for their writing assignments.
- The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Lopes Write. A link to the Lopes Write technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Write a problem statement, purpose statement, research question, and hypothesis that require one to test for differences of English scores (English) between learning modalities (Learning _Modality).
Complete the tests of assumptions for the selected statistical analysis. You must identify each assumption, describe how it was tested, and describe the outcome of that test.
Complete the appropriate statistical analysis to determine if there is a difference in English scores between learning modalities. Complete all post hoc tests, if appropriate.
Write up the conduct of the analysis and the results. In a narrative format, do the following:
- Describe the problem statement, purpose statement, research question, and hypotheses.
- Describe the testing of assumptions and the outcomes of those tests.
- Report the results of the appropriate statistical test(s). Include all tables and figures that demonstrate the results.