Assignment based on the field trip to Brady Road Resource Management Facility (BRRMF) , Winnipeg:
The objective of this assignment is to
1) To understand the process and techniques involved in solid waste management at BRRMF.
2) To think critically on solid waste management at the individual/ household level and relate it to sustainability.
· You are expected to write an assignment explaining the following.
1) Explain the different types of solid wastes and their collection at BRRMF (this can be based both on your observations during the trip and on secondary material from other sources).
2) The significance of BRRMF in treating different solid wastes in Winnipeg and Manitoba at large.
3) Expand on any one aspect of the solid waste management at BRRMF that stood out to you. Discuss this from a viewpoint of Sustainability.
4) Discuss at least three measures that can be done at an individual/household level to reduce solid waste. The measures should be discussed in detail with adequate backing from literature on solid waste management.
· The assignment should be a minimum of 1000 words excluding references.
· The assignment should have different sections with titles (ex. Introduction, Conclusion)
The Rubric for this assignment is attached separately. Kindly go through the rubric to understand the grading criteria.